Sunday 11 August 2013

The lowdown on Ice Prince’s rise to fame(Must Read)

Many words come to mind when you hear the name Ice Prince Zamani. These words include Talented, Successful, and Ambitious.  He took the industry by storm and in no time, surpassed the achievements of those before him.
Not many newcomers can boast of such achievements in a very short time. Though many envy his rise to fame with the belief that it came so easy and he didn’t have to “Hustle so hard”, go through the rigors of hustling to push singles, begging for songs to be played, those who know them know it didn’t come so easy as he has his own story to tell.

Ice Prince, real name Panshak Zamani grew up in the mining city of Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria, which is his parents’ home state. He received his secondary education at St. Murumba College, the same school that produced superstars such as P-Square and Mikel Obi.

He took up interest in writing hiphop music in 1998. In 2002, he got together with a couple of friends and formed a group called the Ecomog Squad, which was dissolved a year later. In 2004, he met M.I. and Jesse Jagz who took interest in him and signed him on Chocolate City in 2009.

In 2009, he got his first shot at the limelight as he won Hennessy Artistry competition.
Fast-forward to 2010, he dropped his smash hit, Oleku and later his debut Album, E.L.I “Everyone Loves IcePrince”" and he hasn’t looked back as it has been one award after the other. Following up with another Smash hit, “Aboki” and “VIP” in 2013, it’s clear this 27 year old has no plans of slowing down anytime soon.

To certify his status as on of Africa’s finest rap exports, he clinched the BET award for Best African Act 2013 and is said to be collaborating with several international acts. While on his US Tour, he has been spotted with the likes of Neyo, Birdman among others. He stated in an interview that he is also dropping a track with US rapper, French Montana and dropped a snippet featuring Wale.
“It’s been amazing and the love has been very different from the last time I was there. Apart from just performing here, I’ve been working a lot too on the music and I’m trying to seize every opportunity I have here to make the music bigger before I getback home” Ice Prince is real! My music comes from the heart and I guess that speaks for itself. I make music from my experience and things that I witness everyday in life and no matter where I go, I will always remember where I came from.

As characteristic of fame, he has also had his fair share of downsides especially the loss of his mum  a few months to the launch of his first album. He made it clear she was very supportive of his career and is happy she witnessed the success of his smash hit, Oleku.
And he can’t avoid the controversies, especially as regards his relationship status. He fathered a son with a lady who he claims he has a cordial relationship with. He also sees his son whenever he can and has indicated his desire to take him on tours as soon as he is grown enough.

He has been linked with two ladies, Yvonne Nelson the Ghanaian actress and Yvonne Nwosu, the Nigerian fashion designer , he surprisingly states he is still single because “Many girls broke his heart”,

Whichever it is, he still lists MI as an inspiration” MI has taught me well and he’s definitely proud of me that I was able to create my own lane and move with it, if not I still would have probably be asking him for money for jeans.”
Ice Prince who is currently in Amsterdam with Wizkid, is set to release his sophomore album “Fire of Zamani” on the 7th of September 2013, it is without doubt this superstar is going to be around for a long time to come.

Want to chat with Ice Prince on MeetOrbit.com? Follow today and Suggest A Star.
Expect Greatness from his upcoming Abum
Ladies Man..
Lyrically Inclined…
Iceprince Zamani…
This is Just The Beginning…

No comments:

Post a Comment