In an interview with Punch, published today, Nollywood actress Mercy Aigbe-Gentry got to talk about her V-Channel event incident where her husband Mr. Lanre Gentry, supposedly pummelled her after finding her in a night gown inside a hotel room.
- When you read negative reports about yourself, true or false, how do you feel?
The story just kept buzzing everywhere and I felt very bad. It got to me. Before then, I thought it was
all part of the job, that whatever they wrote was their business.
What pained me most about the story was that my daughter came back from school and told me that her classmates asked her if the story was true, if her daddy and I fought. It was painful because she is a girl and someday she is going to get married. My father-in-law called me to ask me if it was true. That is why I had to do a video debunking the claims.
- How did your husband feel when he saw it?
- Do you still have that controversial dress in your wardrobe?
- Can you buy a handbag for N5m?
- How about the N80m mansion your husband is reportedly building in Ikeja?
- How long does it take you to dress?
- Do you ask your husband to help you choose what to wear?
Yes, I do. Trust me, they are tired of me -my husband and my daughter. My daughter will tell me, ‘Mummy it is okay’ while my husband will say something like ‘Darling, just choose one, they all look great on you’.