Saturday 28 September 2013

Me And Tonto Dikeh Are Good Friends – Solidstar

Solid-star-
Omotena crooner, Joshua Iniyezo, popularly known as Solidstar, tells Ademola Olonilua about his career and relationship with actress, Tonto Dikeh
Your album is coming out and the public expectation is way higher than your last album. What do you have to offer your fans?
I know there is a lot of expectation of me career-wise. I know I will live up to the expectation because I just released two songs online and the reviews are great. They are really doing well though we just released them online. The two songs are off the album. We just want everybody to go and get the album when it is out because there is going to be different things from Solidstar. People should expect different things from me because they know me as this R ‘n’B artiste but I changed their perception when I released, Omotena and Skibo. I want my fans to know that apart from this afro-pop, I still do reggae, dancehall and the likes. It is more like a very versatile album. I just want to give everybody a different feel and various options to choose from.
This year has been good for you. It has been reported that you acquired multi-million naira properties this year alone. What did you do differently?
Last year, I performed a lot but most of them were free shows. I was only paid for a few. This year I made a lot of money, did a lot of things for a change. I told my team that we had to sit up. We had spent a lot on projects and we had to think of ways to get the money back. We had a meeting and decided that we all had to put in our best in whatever project we were doing. We thank God it worked out well. Now I am proud of not just my label, but of myself also.
 You are known to be very close to Tuface, why are you not signed to his record label, Hypertek Records?
s_2fac3
I was already signed to Achivas Music before Hypertek Records became my friend. I knew Tuface through my record label. We became very close that some people even thought I was signed under Hypertek. Kudos to Tuface, I really appreciate what he has done for me over the years. He is part of my success story. He got me fame and fortune and I am really grateful to him.
Are you dating Tonto Dikeh?
Solidstar-and-tonto-dikeh
We do hang out. We relax together; we are very very close but not like girlfriend and boyfriend. We are really close. We hang out together, go to places and chill together.
Will you cut your dreadlocks anytime soon?
I will but not yet because I still need to make a lot of money. I have a small face. My dreads are deceiving a lot of people. If I cut them off I will look like a small boy and you may not recognise me. When I have decided to relax with music, then I will cut them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment